Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: vodacom

Duplicate entries on 9700 from ical

Hi Guys,

I updated my DM tothe latest version and after syncing my phone I had duplicate entries (up to 27 entries each)

if I delete all my calender entries in the device (when connected to the DM "device - clear data" option

I then unplug the device, no calender entries are on the device now.

click on "forget device" on the DM, and start over by re connecting the device and checking the "replace all calender events on this device" on the DM.

then sync.

it puts all the duplicates back plus a whole bunch extra. i.e. if I had johns birthday 10 times before, I now have it 13 times.

so now my calender has either nothing or 4500 entries in it

even tried to delete all the backups off the computer, deleted DM and reinstalled and it doesnt seem to fix it.

ALmost seems as if the device is referencing some hidden file for the sync, not iCal itself.

All new entries are added, some in duplicate and some not.

any advice on this.

Mike

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Duplicate entries on 9700 from ical

I have an 8900, but I was having the same issue and following the advice in this thread worked for me:

http://is.gd/fkB6F

Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the same problem, plus it wreaks havoc on my Daylite Calendar which sync with i-Cal on my Mac laptop. It created so many duplicates (thousands) in tasks and calendars that i actually blew up my Dayltei contact management database and I don't know if it can be recovered.

I have multiple calendars and e-mails, which may be part of the problem.

BUT, as someone else mentioned, I had the exact setup on my Pearl and never had this issue.

This is the worst experience I've ever had with Blackberry.

I realy need some help here.

I've lost days/weeks of productivity over this and am ready to scream. 

When I call Rogers for support, they say basically tough luck because Blackberry support for Mac is not in scope for them.  Why on EARTH would RIM release Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac, and then not require their major carriers like Rogers to support it (in Canada).???!!!

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Help - My 9700 has 100s of duplicates for each google calendar item synched!

If i remove google synch - the calendar retains just the single appointment i entered directly onto my phone calendar but the minute i let it synch with google - every item gets duplicated every time it synchs automatically. It is also doing the same to my partners Iphone (as our google calendars are shared).

I tried all the above ideas to help fix it but nothing seems to work so i've removed google synch for now - 

does anyone know how i can get it to synch again without the 1000s of duplicates.. 

cheers