Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9150
My Carrier: Vodafone

Dust under the screen

I seem to be getting dust under the outer screen cover on my Blackberry Pearl? Is this common and what can be done?

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Dust under the screen

[ Edited ]

Hello Connemara

Welcome to the forums. 

I would suggest you contact your mobile service provider or point of sale for options regarding this. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9150
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for getting back to me. 

The phone was bought brand new on eBay so I can't really contact the seller.

I had the exact same phone before and when in for repair, one of the local shops (the 'best one' ) couldn't put it back together properly . The second shop I triued bringing it to (recommended by Vodafone) cleaned the interior of the screen with some sort of acid by accident, ruining the screen. They simply gave me a €20 voucher to be used in their shop as reimbursement. So, basically I'm not too keen on using local shops. 

I still have the old phone (the phone mentioned in my post above is a replacement) so maybe I can figure out how to take the outer shell apart myself. 

Anyone try this? Any advice on removing and refitting the outshell would be brilliant.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Hello,
it isnt the most common thing but quite a number of people have it.
you will have to open up your device completely and wipe the dust off. I remember seeing a similar thread with the correct way to do it.
Check out this thread as it may help you: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/get-rid-dust-under-9900-9930-screen-6893...
Hope this helps! Smiley Happy
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi