Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

(Dynamo, Crank) Charger

I purchased a Kaito KA 350 Crank Radio with charger function for smart phones, but Blackberry Torch 9810 gives a message "the charge source cannot charge " my phone. I do not know where to find information about this: will the Blackberry 9810 reject all such charging devices?. I want to purchase a dynamo charger as an emergency preparation. I think Blackberry should make this capacity a function of all Blackberry phones and devices. Does anyone know the answer to my question or where I can even look for the answer? Thank you.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: (Dynamo, Crank) Charger

BlackBerry devices (phones & tablets) require a quality charging method.

Among the quality criterias are the stability of the voltage delivered by the charger, and the amount of current too (which means if the charger does not deliver enough current, the BlackBerry will refuse to charge).

I advise you to either buy several spare batteries, or use your charger to charge a complimentary battery charger (= a big big battery), that will be able to charge your BlackBerry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: