Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520 v5.0.0592
My Carrier: Movistar

E Mail Config

Curve 8520 SO 5.0.592

My problem is setting up an email account.
According to his instructions to enter through setup wizard should see two options
On the email setup screen, select one of the following options:
I want to create or add an email address: This email setup option is most common for
individual users. Use this option to associate your BlackBerry® device with one or more
(up to ten) existing email addresses (for example, a Google Mail™ or Windows Live™
Hotmail® email account) or to create a new email address for your device. To use a social
networking application on your device, you must use this option to associate your device
with the email address that you use to receive social networking notifications. If this
option does not appear, contact your wireless service provider.
I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server: This email
setup option is most common for corporate users. Use this option to associate your
device with a work email account using the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server if your
administrator has provided you with an enterprise activation password.
3. Click Next.
Complete the setup wizard
4. Complete the instructions on the screen.
Note: When your email address is set up correctly, you receive a confirmation message. To view
and manage your email messages, on the Home screen, click the Messages icon.
In my Blackberry curre 8520 an option only appears
 This option        I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server
Thank for your support

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: E Mail Config

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

To use the proprietary RIM Push email capability, you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), you will then have Personal Email added to the email setup wizard.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................