Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange UK

E-mail Setting App problem - Gmail Contact Sync - cant activate - ORANGE BIS (old Version?)

Despite putting the very latest firmware on my ORANGE UK 9700, the email Settings Application ( in Setup Folder - Email settings) still takes me to a browser based setup on the BIS . my old T-Mobile 8900 and my work Vodafone 9700 has an application type interface..

Why is this a problem ? Because it wont let me setup gmail Contact sync .. Keeps giving me a message

"To start xxxxxxxx@gmail.com contacts synchronization with your BlackBerry® device, complete the security activation on your device:
1. In the Setup folder, log in to the Email Settings application.
2. After you log in, the security activation starts. When security activation is complete, wireless synchronization of your contacts with your device automatically begins."

This does not work and I'm guessing because i dont have the latest email settings on the device.. I have tried re-installing firmware , wipes etc..

Here are pictures that show the difference in the email settings app on 2 9700's

Vodaphone - Works fine

Orange - Cant get it to security activate

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: E-mail Setting App problem - Gmail Contact Sync - cant activate - ORANGE BIS (old Version?)

The 9700 screen is the newer version of the email setup.

So, you have activated this device on your BIS account yet (changed the PIN/IMEI in your BIS login for your carrier)?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: E-mail Setting App problem - Gmail Contact Sync - cant activate - ORANGE BIS (old Version?)

Yes I have actived, my Pin with Orange,

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok, so you just need to login to your BIS account to complete the activation of the Gmail contact set.

I might be missing something here, but the difference in the screens shouldn't be a problem, one is just newer.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

I too have this issue and to confirm upon logging in on the old screen nothing happens, I work with a number of BB users who have the new setup and once the security activation is done the red text dissapears from the PC bis site telling you what you need to do next however on Orange UK once you log in on the device and then go back to the PC that text is still there and the contacts are definitely not synching.

Visitor

It's a carrier issue. As far as I know some of them don't send the '5 Click BISClientConfig' service book.

I have the same problem with Orange Poland, also found some users in Orange Austria, WIND Italy.

It's strange, that carriers block a BIS feature.

New Contributor

I have a similar problem. I got the new and the old icon on the configuration menu. If I access the old one it opens the browser and I may login, but the synchronisation does not work. When I access the new one, I introduce username and password, but the login always fails. I appears a message saying that username or password is incorrect. Obviously it is correct, becuase I can acces the BIS account via computer.

New Contributor

Have you already solved this issue?

New Contributor

Yes and No, not in a way that would benefit anyone else but interestingly I imported an unlocked torch from the states and with the same Orange sim card I got the new setup and could turn on contacts synch yet it still only shows the old setup on my 9700 with the same card (the 9700 is on the highest version of os I could find) how odd is that!

New Contributor

I still have the same problem! I never tried to use this sim card on another phone. Now that BIS 3.2 is out, I will still be unable to use its features. I tried everything possible. My os is 5.0.0.593. I think that its the most recent one. The solution is to change from carrier.