Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: US 9380 curve
My Carrier: aircel

E-mail Setting Up - Require Urgent Help for BlackBerry 9380 Options

Hi guys.
I've bought a BlackBerry 9380 and everything seems to be working except for setting up my emails.

Everything I read says: Go to 'Settings' then 'Email Setup', but I do not have email set up in my settings, I only have an option that says 'Email Accounts', which for the BB9380 I'm sure you have to do.

However, everytime I click it, it says 'Connecting to email settings...' and after a couple of minutes it will say: 'Your device had a problem connecting to the server.' And everytime I click retry, the same thing occurs. All my wireless settings are on, my signal's good etc, but I can't find how to sort this anywhere.
All I want to do is add m hotmail email address to my BlackBerry so the emails come straight through to my phone.

Please help!!!
Thanks you.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: E-mail Setting Up - Require Urgent Help for BlackBerry 9380 Options

Hi there,

Can you confirm that you are on a BlackBerry data plan? In order to use email on your BlackBerry, you need access to the BlackBerry data network. If you are sure that you have a BlackBerry data plan (e.g. if you're able to use services like BBM), then try doing the following:

1. Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table and then press the BB Menu button and select Register now. You should get a message in your Inbox stating that your device is now registered on the BlackBerry network.

2. Try to go to Setup > Email Accounts again. Are you now able to access the email setup?

If you don't get the message stating that your device is registered on the BlackBerry network, you need to contact your carrier and ask them to ensure that they have set up your BlackBerry data plan correctly. I've had that happen before and once they changed my data package over, everything started working correctly.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!