Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

E-mail message icon displays one message but I do not have any unopened.

How do I get rid of an email message icon that shows on my 9700?  I do not have any unopened email messages but my phone shows that I have one out there.  Can someone guide me through fixing this? 

Thank-you,

Jeff

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: E-mail message icon displays one message but I do not have any unopened.

You probably have a "saved message."

Open your message list.  Hit the menu key (left of trackpad) and select "view saved messages."  Look in there for an unread message.  If there is nothing in there, then do the same thing and select "view folder" and search through the folders until you find the unread message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

John -

I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it was not the solution.  Any other suggestions?
Jeff

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You checked all the other folders in the folder list? You checked the saved messages? Have you removed the battery?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

All folders have been checked and I did a battery pull.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Have you checked all message folders ? You have folders for SMS / MMS and then Email, on my BB I have the "Message" folder hidden. That is where I usually find my unread messages.

Super Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Do you have a Gmail account on there? 

If so, could be a message in another folder through a rule you have set up to deliver new messages to specific folders on your Gmail account. 

If so, go into the icon for your Gmail account, press the BB button, select "Filter", then select "All Mail". That will show all emails in all folders. 

If that's not the case, and I have had it happen before, the notification icon should go away after you receive another email. 

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

Thanks, John_Clark. Your explanation did the trick for me. Well done!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

This solution did the trick for me. Thanks so much!