Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: pay as you go
Accepted Solution

E-mail setup on BB bold 9900

hi

i can't add any email account other than Enterprise email.my software ver is 7.1.0.923 Bundle 2534

i want to add my gmail but i can't . please someone help me!!!!!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: E-mail setup on BB bold 9900

Hi mohsen_at

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

To add or setup our personal email account on legacy  BlackBerry we need specific BlackBerry data plan or BIS from our own carrier . So can you confirm that you have it in your SIM account from your carrier or mobile network provider ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi prince2012

Thanks for your reply,

you mean if i want to add my google account i should have BB data plane on my mobile network provider?? I have data plan but it's not for BB. so what should i do now?

Elite II

Hi there,

Yes , If you want to add or integrate your personal email account then you need a specific BlackBerry data plan also known as BIS  from your Carrier or mobile provider .

Once you activate such plan , you'll get the option of Internet mail account or personal email setup rather then enterprise . So please call or contact your Carrier . 

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I want to add my email over Wireless not over my carrier,is there any restriction to add via wireless? imagine a have no sim card inserted??!!!
Elite II

Hi there,

Sorry... But all BlackBerry push email services route through our Carrier's server , so if you want to enjoy those emails services or  integrate any personal email account then you have to enable such specific data plan as already suggested.

Your profile shows that you're using a PAYG sim , some carrier do offers BlackBerry services even on a PAYG account , so call your Carrier to confirm it.

There are some third party browser like Opera which you can use to view your email over  wifi , but its not  the same as BlacklBerry push emails . IMO you should add BIS to use all services of BlackBerry and get the most of it Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Hi 

I appreciate your answer and thank you so much. i will call theme but i dont think that they can do anything for me.

i  thought that i can use this phone as easy as other phones (like apple) but its not.It doesn't matter i will deal with this.

Thank you again for your replys