Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Setar
Accepted Solution

E-mail suspended

Hi, I hope that someone can help me.

I own a Torch 9800. Recently my little brother's curve started acting up. I didn't know if it was his device or his sim card that had issues, so I put his sim card in my Torch for a while to find out. When I put the chip back in his phone, everything was okay.

Now MY email has been suspended. I went to my carrier and they said that I can NEVER receive emails on my Torch again.

My question: Is this possible?

I live in Aruba and my carrier is Setar. They have been known to not know what they are talking about, so I thought: let me ask for help elsewhere.

Please help. I really miss receiving my emails on my Torch Smiley Sad

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: E-mail suspended

[ Edited ]

NEVER receive emails on your Torch again?  Let me take a minute to stop laughing before answering........................

Okay, now let's have a look at it.  First, do a data backup with your BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Do that by plugging your phone into your PC with a USB cord and opening BBDS.  (If you don't have the program, you can find it at www.blackberry.com/desktop ).

Open the software and click Device at the top of it then Backup (I think that's the choice....I don't have it open right now).  Do a backup.  Once the backup is done, unplug your phone and do a security wipe on your phone.  That's done by going to Options>Security>Security Wipe on your phone.

Once the phone has been wiped, plug it back into your PC and open Desktop Software again.  This time, click Device at the top of it then Restore and pick the restore file you just created.  Once your phone has been reloaded, resend you service books,

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Then register your phone on the network,

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB00510 .

Once that's done, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  Now proceed to setup your email account again.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

First, I'd like to thank you for the quick reply. And yes, I wanted to laugh when they told me too, but I was so mad, I didn't get a chance. I did have a good laugh when I read the first two sentences of your reply, though.

I wiped the phone and restored it afterwards. But when trying to resend the service books, I can't get into the email setup. I just get the "waiting turning clock' and then it doesn's do anything. Sometimes it gets stuck and then I have to turn of the device with the end call button. It did the same thing before wiping and restoring (maybe this piece of information helps?).

Thank you again. And I hope you can continue to help me.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Alright, we're making progress.  Next, you have to call Setar and ask them to send the service books for you and help you get over this hurdle.  I hope they know how to do that; every other carrier in the world knows how to but I'm not so sure about this company.

Call them, tell them to do that and post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I went to another Setar teleshop. I told them what happened. I also told them about the service books. After a couple of tries they finally managed to setup my email.

Thank you once again. I can enjoy my torch to the max again, thanks to you.
(And they laughed too about the 'never receiving emails' bit)
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: TalkTalk

Do I need to follow the same procedure? I have changed from o2 to TalkTalk and previously my emails were being received via "push"? Since changing to the TalkTalk Sim, unlocking the phone and tranferring my number using the o2 PAC code provided they are no longer being received. If I try to send an email (hotmail or Wanadoo/Orange) it shows "User Account in Suspended Mode".

Lengthy telephone conversations with TalkTalk are unhelpful and have now been told they dont provide technical support for SIM only contracts as phone not purchased through them!

If I go to email account in Settings it trys to update but after entering my password flags "Your device had a problem connecting to the server" thus unable to send Service Books (whatever they are?) as mentioned.

Thank you in anticipation.