Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 (Bold 4)
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: EMAIL: Your device had a problem connecting to the server?

I now use etisalat but the same issue happened to me when I was using glo and up till now I've not been able to resolve it. Please any other option?
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oghenetejire wrote:
I now use etisalat but the same issue happened to me when I was using glo and up till now I've not been able to resolve it. Please any other option?

Hello,

Please review and try all that is already listed in this thread, perhaps most importantly post 15 above. Otherwise, your issue may well require formal support, which you do not obtain here...rather, you obtain that from your mobile service provider.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATNT

My email account on my Blackberry 9800 is not working. When I click on my account I'm getting a server error message so I cannot access the account. My blackberry messenger isn't wOrking either as I click on my bbm to open I'm seeing A dark blue page with A message saying temporary server error plz try again later and I've been trying for almost a week now. I serious need help
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

foreversexy23 wrote:
My email account on my Blackberry 9800 is not working. When I click on my account I'm getting a server error message so I cannot access the account. My blackberry messenger isn't wOrking either as I click on my bbm to open I'm seeing A dark blue page with A message saying temporary server error plz try again later and I've been trying for almost a week now. I serious need help

Hello,

You as well need to please read this thread, especially perhaps post 15 already posted above.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to transfer email messages from BB 9780 t0 BB Q5?

I have configured 5 emails in my BB 9780 and has 5000 mail messages.

I tried to transfer data from old device to new device using the link software.

I could get all the contacts and text messages but no mails.

Even in text messages, i could get 50% only.

Please give me a solution.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: movistar

i moved to spain and have bought a lycamobile sim card. since that day i do not receive and cannot send emais from my cellphone (Bold 9360) When i go to email settings i receive the already-known-by-everyone "your device had a problem connecting to the server" message.

BBM does not work either. watsapp and google maps DO work. I am connected to the Lycamobile network. (there is also a red triangle next to the left of "lycamobile" (in the screen), what does that mean? when i insert my previous simcard (the one i had before moving to spain) the triangle turns white).

Service Status is like this:

Mobile voice:

Phone number: .....

Status: Roaming (why is it shown as roaming it i have changed to a domestic provider already?)

Connection: Mobile Network

BB Internet Service:

Connection: NOT CONNECTED

Blackberry Enterprise Server

Connection: Not Connected

Mobile Network

Coverage: 3G

Provider: Lycamobile

i already removed the battery while turned on, removed the sim, turn it on again, i even put again my old sim card (service which has not been canceled yet) and still emails will not be received or sent.

i can not even receive/send emails while connected to my house wifi network

I already tried post number 15 but i have not received the text message i was supposed to receive.

thanks

Hall of Famer III

Hello,

frane_pe wrote:

BB Internet Service:

Connection: NOT CONNECTED

Until that changes, no BB proprietary services will work, including email. So, getting that (BIS) working is what is required. Since you already tried what is in post 15, the only thing left is to talk to the mobile service provider. Things to consider when you do:

1. If your specific device model is not supported by their network for automatic HRT and Service Book delivery, then it will not work on their network. They own their network, and they decide what devices they will support. You must ask them if your specific device is supported by their network for HRT and Service Book delivery.
  2. If it is supported, have them dig deep into their system to determine why it is not delivering BIS service to your device. There is no more information you can gather from your device...all additional information (and resolution) must come from your carrier.
  3. If they can't create a BIS account for you in their system, then check again with your prior carrier, and have them also dig deep and be 100000% sure that they have released your BB PIN from their BIS system. If your PIN remains in the other carriers BIS system, then the new carrier won't be able to deliver BIS services to you.
  4. Consider a full WIPE of your device so that you can start over very cleanly with your new carrier.

Good luck and let us know!

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Hi 

I am from India.I have purchased an unlock blackberry curve 9360 that is from Mexico. Now i am using vodafone network on it. But i am unable to register my device on Blackberry server. Even though i am not able to use any blackberry services like blackberry app world states me that i need to update my blackberry id and if i tries to do so it leads me to another error that its unable to communicate with the server

Hall of Famer III

mihirpriya wrote:

Hi 

I am from India.I have purchased an unlock blackberry curve 9360 that is from Mexico. Now i am using vodafone network on it. But i am unable to register my device on Blackberry server. Even though i am not able to use any blackberry services like blackberry app world states me that i need to update my blackberry id and if i tries to do so it leads me to another error that its unable to communicate with the server

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It sounds as if perhaps your specific device model is not 100% compatible with your carriers network. Each carrier chooses the subset of specific model numbers to support on their network for automatic HRT and Service Book delivery...if their network does not automatically deliver these things to your handset, then that could completely explain the behavior you describe. But, unfortunately, only your carrier can answer the question of compatibility between your specific device model number and their network...

Good luck!