Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

EMail Setup

Sorry to post such a newbie type question but......I have just picked up my BB Bold machine and am a bit confused with the email setup. When I select the email setup option it refers to BB Enterprise Server, what is this please....does the email system not work the same way as "other" pda type machines and can you only access email when on a wifi connection? Thanks for your patience all......
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: EMail Setup

lepremier wrote:
Sorry to post such a newbie type question but......I have just picked up my BB Bold machine and am a bit confused with the email setup. When I select the email setup option it refers to BB Enterprise Server, what is this please....does the email system not work the same way as "other" pda type machines and can you only access email when on a wifi connection? Thanks for your patience all......

Hi, I had this at first and thought I had bought a lemon.

I am with Orange UK but your carrier if it's not Orange should be the same.

Ring your carrier and find out if the BlackBerry email/data package is on your account.

If it isn't, then get them to put it on.

They will tell you it can take upto 24hrs to become live but it is normally done within an hour or 2.

Once it is done you will receive an SMS telling you about an upgrade and to reboot your phone, just do this.

Now the correct service books will have been installed on your phone.

You will have another option within setup of email setup.

Personally I find it easier to go to my BIS on my carrier website and add/edit my email accounts.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Kirk
p.s. Vote for BOLD
Contributor

Thanks for the info, I have an account with Orange here in Switzerland so will get on that right away.

Personally I find it easier to go to my BIS on my carrier website and add/edit my email accounts.

Can you expand on this please...thanks again......

Contributor

kjevans wrote:

lepremier wrote:

Ring your carrier and find out if the BlackBerry email/data package is on your account.

They will tell you it can take upto 24hrs to become live but it is normally done within an hour or 2.

Once it is done you will receive an SMS telling you about an upgrade and to reboot your phone, just do this.

Hope this helps.

Just checked my Orange account info via online and can find no info on email setup.....???

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

lepremier wrote:

kjevans wrote:

lepremier wrote:

Hope this helps.

Just checked my Orange account info via online and can find no info on email setup.....???

here in the UK, our site is www.blackberry.orange.co.uk, your in switzerland could be similar except that the .co.uk bit would I should imagine be replaced with the swiss tld.

It would be best to check with your orange helpline, although, if the data packet part of your blackberry contract has not been setup yet I guess this service will be unavailable to you.

Best to call orange at your end to find out about your BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service)

Regards
Kirk
p.s. Vote for BOLD
Contributor

Thanks for your help all.....finally managed to resolve by a visit to the Orange shop and telephone service center. Tks