Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

ERROR: There is an issue in BlackBerry App World. BlackBerry App World must now close.

[ Edited ]

I just purchased a BlackBerry Curve 9300 (v5.0.0.977) and I downloaded the BlackBerry App World. When I tried accessing the application, I always receive the error: "There is an issue in BlackBerry App World. BlackBerry App World must now close."

I tried re-installing the application, I did the alt+r+s+t procedure and power reset, I even removed the battery but to no avail.

Please help.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: ERROR: There is an issue in BlackBerry App World. BlackBerry App World must now close.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB24457"There is an issue with BlackBerry App World. BlackBerry App World must now close" appears and BlackBerry App World closes unexpectedly

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: ERROR: There is an issue in BlackBerry App World. BlackBerry App World must now close.

Thank you so much for your assistance. So technically, right now, there's no resolution on this yet. I hope BB could resolve this issue asap.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Not quite...the KB did talk about a workaround. Did that not work for you?

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Unfortunately no. I tried tweaking the APN as well but it didn't work.

Hall of Famer III

Do you have a valid, full BB-level data plan? See this FAQ for reference:

You must have a BB-level data plan to use AppWorld. Further, the most recent versions of AppWorld, in my experience, only function over the carrier data network and not over WiFi. So, the connection to the carrier data network must exist and be stable.

Otherwise, here are some other things to try...

Please double check your PayPal account -- log into it from a PC/browser and ensure that the credentials you use there are identical to those you use to log into MyWorld. Also ensure that all credit cards you have attached to PayPal are current and valid...we have learned that if there is any credit card attached to your PayPal account that is invalid for any reason (e.g., expired), it will prevent AppWorld purchases from completing, even if it is not the funding source. Further, there must be at least one (valid) credit card attached to the PayPal account.

We also have heard from some users who report that creating a whole new PayPal account somehow fixes things and allows them to make purchases. I'm not sure why that works, but reports exist that it does.

Also please try a hard reset: With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

In addition, you can try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB (Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications) -- if it requests that you reboot the BB, do so.

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot as described above.

3) Get a new link and install a fresh copy of AppWorld

• Again, if it requests to reboot, do so.

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

New Contributor

Still, nothing happened...  Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer III

bobbyjonc wrote:

Still, nothing happened...  Smiley Sad

Wow...I gave you lots of different things to look at and try...and your answer is that. Sorry, but from your answer, I've no idea what your results are from my prior post. Indeed, there is a portion of my prior post for which your answer is senseless...

Remember, I have only your words to guide me...I cannot see what you see. You must be my eyes, ears, and hands...and you must be explicit in your responses. Otherwise we'll get nowhere...

Good luck.

New Contributor

I appreciate your help and patience. I tried everything you've said (except PayPal since my friends can access AppWorld without a PayPal account) but to no avail.

One more thing, can I just download a lower version of BB AppWorld instead of the latest one? If I can, is there a direct link on the web?

Thank you so much!

Hall of Famer III

The first thing in my earlier reply to you was a question...you've not answered that. Please re-read that post yet again, carefully, and be sure that you really have done/answered everything I recommended/asked.

bobbyjonc wrote:

One more thing, can I just download a lower version of BB AppWorld instead of the latest one? If I can, is there a direct link on the web?

RIM only supports and distributes their current version. I've no idea if anyone anywhere else might be hosting an older version. One way you can fall back is to reload your OS, installing the version of AppWorld that is included in the OS package and not accepting an update that is offered.

Good luck!