Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook and blackberry torch
My Carrier: Bell

ERror 0008 southern touch spades

i hope this is the right place to post this,  I am having trouble with a game, southern touch spade. they had an update rhe other day, and when I went to install it i got this error code. i tried several times, and in my wisdom i deleteed the app and now i cant even get the game to reinstall. it downloads but just get the same error code. i have rebooted, tried development mode, and deleting and re installing (much to my stupidity). Nothing is working. It is the only app i am struggling with. Im guessing thier update might be buggy, but just want to know if anybody else is struggling with it or if there is anything else I can try.

Thanks in advanced

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: ERror 0008 southern touch spades

[ Edited ]

Stephanie,

Our update is working fine on our test systems, but we also are unable to install it from the store.  Smiley Sad  Unfortunately, RIM does not give developers the ability to "roll back" a release and continue to offer the previous version.  We have sent multiple help tickets to the BlackBerry store, but have not yet received a response.

This morning, I followed the advice of another developer and marked the latest release as only being compatible with developer test phones.  When this goes into effect (who knows how long that may take), you should be able to reinstall version 1.2.8. 

Again, we are sorry for this problem.  RIM spent 3 days testing our latest release, but apparently they didn't get to "Will it install?" on their checklist.  We have received several e-mails and a few reviews about this issue, and all we can do at this point is wait for someone at the BlackBerry App World to do something.

Regards,

Darwin Pinder
SouthernTouch Technologies
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/34213
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook and blackberry torch
My Carrier: Bell

I noticed this afternoon the rollback is out and I was able to reinstall and it is working great! Thank you for your response. I was missing my spades.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: At&t

Got the rollback. Thanks!