Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Virgin

Earphones not deactivating main speakers

Hi all; as the topic suggests, I am having problems listening to music on my 9900. When I plug a pair of earphones into the headphone jack, the music plays through it fine, but plays through the speakers at the same time! If this is a feature, I can't find any option for it. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I can't find any account of it anywhere else on the internet. Thanks!
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Earphones not deactivating main speakers

Hello Raiden616,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding your earphones not disabling the speaker sound on your BlackBerry smartphone.

Does this issue occur with other headphones? If so, please perform a reload or upgrade your BlackBerry® Device Software. For more information on this procedure see the following article:

How to update or reinstall BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03901

If this process fails to resolve the issue, please contact yoru point of sale for options.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!