07-19-2009 03:53 AM
I have exactly the same problem as that Japanese customer, which is nothing happened after installed EastAsia language pack.
What I've downloaded from "BB website is 9000jEastAsia_PBr4.6.0_rel477_PL188.8.131.52_A184.108.40.206
And I checked my mobile version, it says in "about", v220.127.116.116(Platform 18.104.22.168)
Seems that I cannot find a match version language pack, so what can i do?
By the way, since os 5.0.0 is out, I wonder if there is any EastAsia language pack for that? I quite want to upgrade my OS.
Thank you for your help
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-19-2009 08:46 AM
1. There is no official release of OS 5.0 for the Bold.
2. Instructions for installing any OS to your device:
1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code