Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: Easy guide to troubleshooting the Desktop Manager

Can anyone please advice on troubles launching the desktop manager ver.7 on Windows 7 ? It just can´t be lunched after installation, all I can see is the app window with a background of the background app launched on the PC. I do not see the actual content of the desktopm software. I strat to be really annoyed with this issue...

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Hello

I have the Bold 9650 6.0.

Since the latest update of the desktos software I am unable to sync my contacts.

I get error message:

CRTranRec::GetLinketRecordID:Invalid Linked Record ID

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions,

Steve

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

I too have run into this CRTran error.

I found a KB31008 online about it. There is no update or reslution as yet.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB31008&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Would it make sense to roll back to an earlier version of the desktop software if that is possible?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

That's my only option for the time being.

However I do not want to rely on that solution as the previous version very often BSOD out lenovo T60/61 laptops when a BB was connected via the data cable.

I'm hoping that there will be an update to the KB about this error soon.

Thank you

New Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I tried to find a link to download the desktop software version 6.1 but no luck. Anybody know if it is still available?

Thanks again.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

I suggest this thread:

Post (15) has links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I reloaded Desktop Software 6.1. I'm back in business.

Thank you very much!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are very welcome.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for sharing the detailed troubleshooting guide,this applied to my PC with windows XP,but not applied to my laptop with windows 7.Any tips more?

Always need Outdoor Pillows along with lfie!