Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Edit number before call

Edit number before call 

I searched the forum for this, but couldn't find anything.

Just got a BB 9000 and was wondering if it is possible to edit a number before calling the contact without having to save the prefix in the address book. I have to dial an 3-digit IDD number here when calling abroad, but don't want to change the actual numbers in my contacts. I just want to add the prefix manually each time I call.

Is there any such function or can an application solve this problem? If so, which program is recommended?

Thank you for your help.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Edit number before call

I don't think it's possible from BlackBerry. What you can do in go to Address Book and copy the number. Now go to phone menu and dial your desired prefix and past the copied number.

Personally I use this method for adding any prefix while dialing.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Dear Tanzim,

first of all thank you for your reply.

It's not a nice solution, but at least a solution.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Hi,  I have the same problem.   I have BES access to my company's corporate directory on my personal Blackberry Bold.   When I lookup a number from the corporate directory they are entered in the format for our 7 digit internal dial scheme.    In order to dial the number I need to edit the number to make it publically dialable.   What I really need is a "Edit number" option on the same menu that has the "Call work" and "Call Fax" options.

I can't see an option to copy the number so the previous tip does not seem to be available to me.  Does any one else have this problem?   Have you been able to overcome it?

Thanks!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

You should be able to copy the number by scrolling to that line in the address book, and then shift-scrolling over the number. I don't have BES, so I wouldn't swear to it.