Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Editing Word Docs

I've heard that this is now possible with BB OS 4.5.  As I'm going overseas and want to not take my laptop, this would be a super deal.....and I won't have to buy an IPhone instead.

Where do I download OS 4.5 into my Pearl?  I'm not an Enterprise user.

I love BBerry's but unless they can [1] edit Office docs and [2] open PDFs at a size that they are legible they are not satisfactory business machines for the self-employed who use the 24/7 for email and phone. 

Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Editing Word Docs

OS 4.5 for pearl 8100 is yet to hit the market. RIM is yet to make it open although in posts it was mentioned that some carriers are testing the new OS. So wait till the release.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

To get a better view of a PDF, there is a menu option that will bring a clear image. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to navigate from that view. As best as I can tell, you have to go back to regular view, navigate, then bring up the clear view again. Sorry, I forget the name of the actual menu option.

It's not ideal, but if you're like me, it is better than what I knew about at first.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Has anyone heard if Google is working on making editing  Google Documents/Spreadsheets on aMobile device possible? Would be quite handy.. You can look at them now, but no edit function.

scott