Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: Email Account Setup Failed: "Update Failed"

Actually you don't have to turn off 2 steps verification, just add application specific password.

In your 2 steps verification page, find a link to "Manage application specific password" and add new one time password and use it to register your gmail address in your BlackBerry. I have done it and it works!

FYI,  some applications that access your Google Account from your phone, desktop, or other devices (like mobile Gmail, desktop Picasa, or AdWords Editor) cannot ask for verification codes.

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: celcom

Hey, 

I want to thank you for this post. Finally I get to add my email Smiley Very Happy so the only problem is caused by the 2-step verification. Thank you. Have a nice day Smiley Happy

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: XL

The most effective and perfect solution!!!!
My Device: Blackberry Torch, 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

BB Torch, 9800:

Yes, thank you!! I had the two-step authorization enabled for Hotmail so I turned it off. I was then able to sign into my email account (Setup, Email Accounts, Internet Mail Account).

My Device: 9320 curve
My Carrier: cell-c

Please where exactly is the "manage application specific password" located?can't seem to find it on the 2 step verification page. Thanks