Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Onetwofree

Email Account, enterprise activation

I bought the blackberry bold 9790 on Amazon a year ago, but i cannot set up my email. Everytime i try to send something via email, the set up wizard will pop up and ask me to activate my enterprise account. But i don't have the activation password, what should i do? can i use my email (gmail) in another way? SOS

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email Account, enterprise activation

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To use the proprietary BB services (including Push email capability, BBM, etc.), you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a Push-email enabled BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), your BB-proprietary services will function (e.g., you will have Personal/Internet Email added to the email setup wizard, your BBM will function, etc).

With hundreds of carriers in the world, each with dozens of different data plans, it's impossible to tell you specifically what any service plan might actually provide. Only the carriers can answer that question. The best thing to do is to decide what services you desire, and then talk to your carrier about obtaining (from them) a data plan that enables what you desire.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi, I am having the same problem...scenario a bit different in that I have owned this phone for a couple years and it was hooked up to enterprise when I worked for my former company.  I 'wiped' the phone after leaving the company and it has never worked properly since!

I just spent a ridiculous amount of time with a very driven tech guy at Verizon who tried to fix the problem.  We had no luck.  I am going to try to reach the IT support at my old company and see if they have any ideas.  Seems like the phone is recalling its past life and wants the Enterprise back!!!  In addition, I cannot send or receive picture attachments in text.  

All phone settings and Verizon plans are correct...It has worked for me in the past!

I will post again if I am successful...Please do same!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suspect two possible reasons...either or both could be the case...

1) Your old company BES still has your device registered, and that system is therefore "reaching out" to try and re-activate your device. They need to remove it from their system if this is the case.

2) The "wipe" you did may not have been the proper one for removing the BES-placed IT Policy, and therefore that could still be on board causing you issues. Refer:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

Normal WIPE processes do not remove the IT Policy...only this method does:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

When doing that, be sure you do not do a wholesale default complete restore...if you do, you'll restore the database that contains the IT Policy, and be right back where you are now. Instead, only restore those databases you require (contacts, calendar, etc.) and specifically avoid restoring any databases that have anything to do with IT Policy, Enterprise, etc.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................