Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Optus

Email Accounts

Just bought a replacement Bold 9900 only finding whilst accessing the Set up , the email accounts icon is not responding with either the cursor nor via the touch screen. Rebooting nor resetting factory settings had any effect.

Any thoughts would be appreciated?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Email Accounts

I'm not sure why rebooting or factory resetting it wouldn't correct the issue but if you type www.blackberry.com/integrate in your phone's browser, you should be able to setup email accounts.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thank you BillJ, it is registered on the Blackberry network but it has not solved the problem- The email Account icon in the set up menu is still unresponsive, ergo I cannot set up any email accounts despite being in receipt of notification of registration on the BB network.

Elite II

Did you type that link I mentioned in to your phone's browser?  You can set up email accounts using that link even if no Setup icon is present at all.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Yes I did and it redirects me to the set up menu highlighting the email account icon. It appears to be a factory defect.  I will be returning it for an exchange. Be that as it may, thank you so much for your assistance!,

Elite II

One more thing you can try before exchanging your phone is to go to http://optus.blackberry.com on your PC browser and try setting it up from there.  You'll need a user/pass combo to access it (which Optus can give you) but once you're in, that's a great place to add, delete and edit email accounts from.  If you decide to not take that path and decide instead to exchange your phone, make sure you do a data backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software before taking your phone in.

Keep us up to date on your decision.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you once again BillJ.

Would that apply to both POP and web based emails?