Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9300 Curve BB System 6
My Carrier: P4 Poland

Email Client configuration

Hello This is ma frst post here ;-) So hello to All of U

iam totally fresh in BB phones but got fundametials information about Cell, Operator, Internet conn etc. 

Ive got BB Curve 9300 this is my brand new phone buyed from amazon with Virgin TM brand soft. 

And so what?

Ive got some problems with email configuration. The conf from "DEMO" on BB pages is slighly different from what i got in my cell phone. So On wizzard tab i usually goes to the email conf, where BB system 6 ask me for an Email login and the Activation Password wich is not my email password, Ive figured out that is some system password and my phone operator (P4 Play in Poland) told that. email certificated service with all that RIM cert is payable service. So ive already buyed it and they haven't send my a password or somethin.

I dont have any idea how to set my google email in this phone.

Every short instruction and every PDF on the BB site has refer to emailsetting option wich is not visible to me.

And second question that i have

This cell have GPS module, so, in prefeneces/local/gps my actual position is 0,0,0 (in my opinion that an error) and the BB maps are not avabile for my sys so, if i have such interface (gps) why cant i use it, or please tell my how, what soft to download.  

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Email Client configuration

1- To set up email accounts on your phone, try typing www.blackberry.com/integrate in your phone's browser but keep in mind that without BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) from your cell carrier, nothing will be pushed to your phone; you'll have to login to your email account on the web. BIS is required for any pushed data (emails, facebook updates, BBM, etc.).

2- Your BlackBerry phone has GPS capabilities but you require an app to access GPS. I don't know if there are any free ones in BlackBerry World but it would be worth doing a search. As for BlackBerry Maps, it's not available worldwide; some countries/areas do not have access to that so check with your carrier to see if you can access Maps.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.