Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Email Delivery Notification Failure

I do not have a BlackBerry myself, but I am trying to contact someone who does. I have emailed them through my phone or computer just fine, but recently I have received this message from the postmaster:

SUBJECT: DELIVERY STATUS NOTIFICATION (FAILURE)

Your message to [...] has not been delivered to the recipient's BlackBerry Handheld.

I have been trying for almost two days now, and it is still giving me this notification. What could be wrong, and is this temporary or is it permanent?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email Delivery Notification Failure

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There are any number of possible reasons, but they all technically only affect the other person, not you. They could have a rule blocking delivery of email from you to their BB. They could have a problem where no email is being delivered to their BB at all. There are a number of possible reasons, each with different remedy paths...but it would be best if the actual affected party were the one seeking support, for the things to be done to attempt to remedy would be done on their BB device. So, I suggest you otherwise contact them and let them know of this problem, and advise them to seek support for the issue.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Warid

Re: Email Delivery Notification Failure

There is a problem with that person's bb
========================================================
If you find my solution helpful then go to options and mark solved
Or you can just click the thumbs up button .
Follow me on twitter :
@haroonkhalid111
Thanks ,
Regards
Haroonkhalid