Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Email: Opening HTML attachments

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to view this thread. I wonder if you can help or point me in the right direction. I hope that this is the correct forum.

Please note: I am not a very "tech savvy" BB user, but will do my best to explain my problem...

Problem: I am receiving emails on my blackberry with HTML attachments. I stress attachments because a few people have tried to assist me already and mistaken attachments for me meaning HTML emails. When I open any of these HTML attachments I can view the file and content but all of the HTML formatting has been lost i.e. the text is visible but it is all left aligned with no difference to text font or size etc.

Some of my friends open the same email attachments and it appears that the email opens in a browser in which they can see the file and content in all the glory that it was written in HTML. Some people have said that they are downloading the attachments and not opening them - I cannot find a command to download.

It appears therefore that when I open HTML attachments they do not open in a browser.

I have googled this problem all day, my head is spinning with BES, BIS, RIM etc.

Therefore my questions are:

1) is there an easy (i.e.. Default setting) to tell my BB that when I open an HTML attachment from email I want to see it in a browser, not some email viewer?

2) how come I cannot "download" my attachments and my friends can?

3) if this is due to "older vs. newer" models etc does anybody know what models have the functionality I need?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest rgds,

Joseph.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH505), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email: Opening HTML attachments

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

There are several KB articles that might pertain. Rather than trying to paste all of those links here, I suggest you go here

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/searchEntry.do

and do a search on "HTML Attachment" (no quotes). Then look through those to see if there's anything of value.

Also, be sure to check your BB OS level against what each article lists...

As for the inability to download, that is odd...that should be one of the options when you click on any attachment. Can you tell us what the options are when you click on an attachment?

Oh -- and do you know if you are on BES or BPS? That can be very important...

Cheers!

Message Edited by sdgardne on 06-16-2009 10:23 AM
Message Edited by sdgardne on 06-16-2009 10:24 AM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Email: Opening HTML attachments

Hi Joseph,

Did you happen to find answers for your questions, i am also running into the same problem , Please let me know if you have any information regarding this.

Thanks a lot,