Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Email Preferences Issue - Torch

Okay, you got me there, but to bad it wasn't a solution to fix the issue. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Orange

I wiped the device and re-activated the email account, but this made no difference. Also tried re-sending service books - again no difference. Was only able to resolve by wiping the device and deleting the user of the BES. Waited 40 mins, re-created the BES account and activated on the device. Now appears ok.

Maybe I'll try doing the updated OS, that way no IT....yet

Somehow I managed to get into be BES service status and I found the my email preferences said it was initialize, but it would never complete.
My IT didn't understand the issue, because this email preference we were having it suppose to mirror the exact preferences in outlook, setting signature and away message. To fix it, we re-activated out BES service and all is good so far.
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Very good, glad you got it settled... as I said, the "away" message is set within Outlook or the email server, not on the BlackBerry itself.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code