Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Email Problem on Lotus Notes

Hi there - we are using Domino 8 and BIS.

Recently some of our BB users are facing stange problem which I hope the community could help. ( I have contacted BB support since last month and is still waiting for a solution)

1: Our user can only receive 3 out of 10 emails in the BB device. (the percentage is theoretical.) Safe to say they receive less than half of the email in the BB device as compared to the Lotus client.

We resend the service book at lease twice and reset some settings in the BB device. No help.

Then by accident we discover that emails we open and read in the Lotus client - wont get push over to BB device. This is strange becos though we open and read the email in the lotus client it should still be push to the BB device becos the BIS should be able to reference that these are emails which was not push in the last iteration. I have confirmed with 2 blackberry tech support that this shouldnt happen. Did anyone else face the same problem?

2: One of our device a BB Curve email dissapared. I have already checked the various KB in relation to Low Memory state, leaving email on server etc and no we dont have those issue. Yet - some email which was read and replied just gone poof!

Thank you!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Email Problem on Lotus Notes

Hi and welcome to the forums,

I want to understand better, You are using Lotus Notes and a Domino 8 server?

Do you have a desktop redirector? If you are BIS how are you getting the email to the BB's?

Please help me understand

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

hi bifocals - tks for d reply.

According to blackberry using BIS 2.4 dont need a desktop redirector. (We have desktop Manager but that is only to synch the contacts and calendars.)

for our email to get push to the BB device this is what we do - setup an account on the BIS site (we have to sign up with the local service provider) - providing our email server name, username and password and i am assuming BIS will come in to our Domino server and grab the email. it was working - at lease for awhile

oh yes - we are on Domino Server 8 and Lotus client 7&8.

hope i have answered....hope to hear frm you soon and any one else -- i am DESPARATE

Guru I

Hi,

Thanks I understand much better!

Is your mail server setuo as a pop3 server?

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

yessir
Guru I

On the server do set it so that a copy is left on the server?

Also, can you ascertain how many times the BB service comes to take messages off the server?

Your server aad the blackberry service may not be in sync. Do you allow open acess to BB service?

Thanks

Contributor

Domino server email dont get deleted once the Lotus Client receive the email at the end user desktop. So there is not such settings.

I cant know how many time BIS come in to collect email and which IP they are coming from. Supposedly BIS poll every few minutes or so.

Initially we thought it must be our firewall which block certain access but we checked and it is not the case.

;-(

Guru I

Hi,

I am certainly not a Lotus/domino expert, but it was my impression and from my research the Domino server is in fact an IMAP server.

this will not work with BIS devices.

Please let me know!

Contributor

domino works in either imap or pop3 - it is not tied to either. we have enable services for pop3.

some of our guys not using BB devices but other smart-phone with BIS services seems to be ok.

Guru I

I'm am sorry, but I do not know enough on this issue to help you further.

You will have to wait unit one of the SMART users  read this Smiley Happy

You will get help I'm sure

Thanks