Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: DTEK60
My Carrier: Rogers

Email Reconciliation Issue

Hi-

So, I deleted and readded my hotmail account to my BIS account yesterday and not the email reconciliation is not working propery. 

I am using hotmail, but previously had no issues (other than a 15 minute delay of sending emails to my handheld). 

Here is what happens:

I can delete off of my handheld and that will delete off my email account. 

In fact, when I read a message on my bb, it appears as read on my outlook account.  And oddly, emails sent to my hotmail are almost instaneously sent to my BB (this was not the case before). 

However, no changes in my outlook account are reflected on my BB handheld, most importantly emails that I delete on my computer (outlook, or the web based interface) are not deleted on my handheld. 

Previously:

There was two way reconciliation for deleting, but emails were delayed by 15 minutes being sent to my handheld.  However, when I read my emails on my bb, this was not reflected in my outlook or web based inbox. 

I find it weaird that this change just occured when I deleted and readded my hotmail account.

thanks in advance

adam

Contributor

Re: Email Reconciliation Issue

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Contributor

can someone please help me with not having to double delete?!?

It's driving me bananas

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the same exact problem. I deleted an accoutn and re-added it and now it won't reconcile with my outlook.  The emails just keep piling up on the BB, even though they have been read in Outlook.

Thanks

Contributor

No... I've never figured it out.

Something must have happened between RIM and MSFT since when I login to my BIS account, there is no longer a Trash Can icon that allows for two way reconciliation as there is for other accounts (gmail etc).

It's quite frustrating because I had two way reconciliation for years, up until June or so. 

let me know if you ever figure anything out.