Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Email Retreival

So I have setup my Email account with my BlackBerry, and I was wondering if there is a way to retreive the emails manually, rather than get them as they come into my inbox (as it should be, I know =P) but sometimes when I'm on 3G signal (at work) I don't want to get my emails so I just wanna get them whilst I'm at home and using my WiFi.

Any ideas on this one guys?

Regards, Ben
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email Retreival

Nope, RIM's technology allows for the instant "push", there's no manual "pull".

Whilst you're out and about, should you choose, you can turn off your Options > Mobile Network > Data Services and turn Data Services back on while your on WiFi.

Doing so will disable all data (internet, BBmessenger, email, etc.) while it is off.

Voice and SMS text will still work.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Att&t

Heres one,

I live in the sticks and barley get enough service for a stable text. When i first got my phone I was able to get emails at home through my wifi with out moble service. Now all of the sudden its not allowing me to do it. seems kind of odd i wounder if  i messed up a setting or something. so i tried moving my wifi settings to the top of my priority list and  when I try to repair or re activate my email account to my phone it wont allow me to do it with out having moble service.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Medic, do you still have mobile service on the device, or just a bad service low signal?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code