Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Email Set Up

Just bought the Bold in the UK I like it but!!!  I am with 02 in the UK, and have a MAC!  First problem with the Phone is I can only see the ability to set up via the Enterprise Server - We don't have an Enterprise Server...The Phone Menu Option does not tally with the Manual.

Second problem is getting the Calander to Sync ...what do I use?

Any suggestions

Developer

Re: Email Set Up

Sounds like a BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) hasnt been set up.
Call 202 to speak to customer service and make sure its on your account.

2nd thing is to do a batterypull, remove battery, give it 5sec, and start up the machine again,

your signal should be in upper case, ie EDGE, GPRS, 3G not edge, gprs, gsm

If it is, it means your account has BIS and you should have the service books pushed to your handset.... a icon on the BOLD will show up as email setup click n follow instructions.

New Contributor

I seem to be having the same problem.  I had At&T add the Blackberry Service to my account and re-registered my phone, did a battery pull, etc but still no email icon.  What elso could be happening?  HELP PLEASE!!!!  As of now I have to go through the web to check my e-mail.  I'm beginning to miss my palm!  I really love this phone so please help!!  If I can't use e-mail then this phone is not a lot of use to me!

I only have the option to set up an email account with a BES not the personal account option like it says so in the set up guide.

Developer

try this if you have already tried the above...
options > advance option > host routing table > (press blackberry key) register now...

also what signal are you getting.
New Contributor

I've done that...I have the 3G network showing on my screen..any other suggestions?
Developer

have you got service books on your handset?
also who is your network provider...
New Contributor

AT&T...I have the books that came with the phone...the quick start, and getting started guide.

Developer

New Contributor

This is what it says when I try to do that......

Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator.

The guy I bought it from said that the pin was blocked......I unlocked the phone thinking that was the problem but still nothing happening.  Do you think that has something to do with it?

Blackberry has opened a case on it but no one has responded.

I didn't think I would have all of these problems since I have AT&T and the phone is from AT&T.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

What happens if you call ATT customer Center, if the device was sold to another customer, the are locking the pin, this is the point, but if your friend cancel the contract so ATT need to reactivate the pin number.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.