Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Email Set up - POP3

Hi all,

Hoping someone has had the same problem as me. I have tried to set up my email on my new and shiny Blackberry Torch, however the **bleep** thing won't link up to the server or says the password is wrong.

I received an message stating my Blackberry internet service account is now active...however I am damned if I know where in the ether that may be.

So I am looking for help on how to set the email up as there doesn't seem to be anyway to get it to connect.

Thanks

M

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email Set up - POP3

You should find the Email setup (or personal email setup, on some devices) and there you will setup your personal email.

Unless you are on a corporate BES account, do not use the link to setup enterprise mail.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks J,

However it is for setting up neither a personal or a corporate BES account.

As I said its a BIS, but my work email is on a POP3 server, so if the new Blackberry torch doesnt intergrate with this then what is the point of the BIS as it wont connect? 

I have gone through the set up both on the computer and on the phone, but it doesnt seem to want to connect to it.

I guess its time for a HTC or Nokia, as this doesnt do what it said on the tin.

M

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Are you able to access your work email from any web connected computer? Most companies put their email behind a firewall and this would prevent access from the outside world.

If you can access your email from any web connected computer then you should be able to enter the details in the setup area of the blackberry.

Its sometimes easier to set it up via the web portal for your carrier - i.e for the network Three UK this is 3uk.blackberry.co.uk - if you don't know what your suppliers is you should be able to google it.

markturnstones wrote:

However it is for setting up neither a personal or a corporate BES account

Well, it has to be for one or the other. BIS is what we call "personal" email, and same as POP, on the BlackBerry.

So, if you've gotten the registration message on your device, and you're accessing the email setup, all you have to do is to enter the email address and your password ONCE you are in the email setup screen. It could be that your service provider is having some server delays, I don't know who your server is.

If you'd give me your service provider name, I'll find the link.

markturnstones wrote:

I guess its time for a HTC or Nokia, as this doesnt do what it said on the tin.

Oh come on. We're glad to help, we're volunteers, not RIM employees. Silly threats don't encourage me.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks Jamead,

My work email is available from any web connected computer, so I guess that may be the problem.

I will try via the web portal of my carrier and see if I can do it from there, if not I guess I will be back asking fro more help.

THanks

New Contributor

HI J

re Nokia / HTC ..thats just the frustration coming out and I know you guys to a great job for most people.

The service provider is Vodafone and I am in their help.vodafone.co.uk at the moment, if you can find correct place i should be looking then all help appreicated.

I have spoken to my email / server people and they say that is should not be an issue and should be set up quite easily as it is a POP function.

Vodafone has services in probably two dozen countries. I need to know which one specifically.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Vodafone - united Kingdom.

markturnstones wrote:

Vodafone - united Kingdom.

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk

Can you login there?

Knowledge Base Updates