07-13-2011 11:36 PM
AT&T customers -- this worked for me:
1. Get off wi-fi. (stick with me here)
2. on ur device, go back to where ur trying to verify your email & where it tells you to download the upgrade
3. download the upgrade. it just may work!
why? well, AT&T can't connect to that download via wi-fi. It must be done by just being on wireless connex, as bb tech support explained to me. It sounds crazy but if that download detects that you are on wi-fi, for some reason it, uh, I dunno, won't give you the download.
if you achieve 1-3 and still have problems, read on:
4. if you're trying to do a gmail, remove the entry entirely from your device.
5. "Unlock [your] gmail captcha" by googling that phrase and doing what it sez
6. return to ur device & re-add your gmail connex.
Unlocking one's gmail captcha has something to do with something ... uh ... security ... uh...yeah. Per BB. So just do that. If you want, explain here why it works. For me, it's just Canadian magic.