Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Email Setup Icon not responding

Actually, if you need the <brand> part just post back with the actual name of your carrier and I should be able to find it for you.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Hi there i really need help i updated my blackberry 9700 recently ever since i did i cannot open my email icon to add my email it doesnt open i did a battery pull waited 10mins etc i also deleted everything re-seted the phone still no use i really need a solution help me please! Thankyou!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Torch 9800

This happened to me after having to do a reinstall of the blackberry software to my Torch 9800, that is to say

I was not getting email, and when I did this:

Setup:Email:Internet

There was a brief flash (maybe) but nothing happened.

Spent a long time trying to find out the solution, but the solution was surprisingly simple.

Turns out the email setup program was not installed when I ran the 'loader.exe' program.

Ran Blackberry Desktop Manager, connected blackberry, clicked on Applications icon on the right.

In the list of applications on the right side, I found Email setup was there and NOT installed!

Also some other modules that I wanted. Clicked on the plus sign and the app was installed.

Then when I picked Setup:Email:Internet it 'checked for updates' then asked me to very

the password for my email accounts, and immediately all my email started coming through

and everything is great.

My only complaint at this point is that if the Email setup program is not installed it should

say so when you try to run it. Would have saved me a few hours.