Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Koodo

Email Setup Troubleshooting

Hi, I currently own a Bold 9900. 

I got a new plan today, it's with Koodo. Before this, I never set up my email. For some reason, the only options for email are business emails. After googling, I went to www.blackberry.com/intergrate on my phone and set up my email account. Eagerly, I checked my "Messages" application. Nothing new happened, except I received 2 notifications, both from Blackberry. 

One says "Welcome to Blackberry from Koodo Mobile" and the other says "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network."  

When I try to press the menu button, nothing comes up. Same thing happens for my SMS. Menu button works everywhere else! 

When I hold down on the screen, there's an option that says "Full menu", when I press that nothing happens either.

How do I solve this? Please help. Thanks! 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Email Setup Troubleshooting

Have you tried rebooting by removing the battery from the device and reinserting?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

I have tried that, didn't work. ):

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Was this device a corporate device before you got it or before you provisioned the plan?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

No, it wasn't. I just never bothered to set up the email until today.

And my "email accounts" option also disappeared from the setup.

Highlighted
Guru II

I think you should contact Koodo and make sure your plan is provisioned properly. They can push your service books out to you too.