Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Email Setup & Data Usage

Hi - I'm new to having a data plan on my phone. If I setup an email account on my Torch, and it keeps downloading all of my new emails, does that count as data usage? I'm trying to minimize my data usage since I'm on the 200mb plan.

Is there a way to setup an email account but only receive email messages when I choose to? That way I can check email when I'm connected to wifi instead of using up my data plan.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Tina

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Email Setup & Data Usage

Hello Tina and welcome to the community

Yes you use data plan every time you connect to you email

Now depends on the provider some providers like Bell, Rogers, Telus they have Bundles for BB. This is only if you leave in Canada in USA is ATT,Verizon...and others, call them and see what plan is better for you or you can go online on their web page and look for a best plan for you.

Data usage for an email is not big from 1kb to the maximum possible depends of the email if it has picture and video it will be HUGE more then 200MB you data plan can Handel Smiley Happy.

Hope I helped you and I hope you understand what I was saying IM not an Eng. Guy Smiley Happy

All the best.