Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Email Setup & In Call Volume - Peal 8120

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've had my Peal for a while now (8120) but I have always had the same number.

Question 1: I have just put a new Orange SIM into the phone as I have changed my number. The problem I have is when I go to setup wizard to set up my email account (Menu>Settings>E-mail Settings) it brings up an email address which isn't mine and gives me no options to change it or add another. The email address is {edited for privacy} - I have no idea what this is, it certainly isn't mine. The email address that was previously set up on this phone (prior to me putting the new SIM in) was my GMAIL account.

The only options I have when I enter the email settings screen is a box called "Move Email Accounts" and a "Cancel" box. If I click the "Move Email Accounts" box it takes me to the next screen where it asks me for a password, which I don't know as it's not my email address.

Question 2: Is there any other way of changing your in call volume other than the (+/-) buttons on the side of the phone. I only ask as the "+" button is no longer working and therefore I am unable to turn the volume up whilst I'm on the phone, which has become a major issue as the volume is now down to one bar and I can't hear anyone unless I'm a room with total silence.

Any help would be appreciated very much.

Cheers,

Dom.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email Setup & In Call Volume - Peal 8120

1. That email address could have been provisioned to whomever had that number in the past.

You need to call Orange and have your PIN/IMEI provisioned to this new number.

2. Look at your Call Log (press the green dial key) > Menu > Options > General Options > and scroll to the bottom... do you see a DEFAULT Call Volume there?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

@ JSanders

Thanks very much for your help with the post, the volume issue is sorted now so that's saved me having to buy a new phone.

Regarding the emails, I will give Orange a call. But it would seem strange for them to issue me with a new number if it has already been used before, I would have thought that would go against the whole point of a new number.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The number is only new to you.

Numbers are re-used all of the time.

I don't know that this is the actual answer though, I think it is a place to start. There is really no other explanation for why a strange email account has been provisioned to your BlackBerry which you've had for a while.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: MTN

I have a new Pearl 9105. When I try to set up my email, it does not give me the "I want to create or add an email address" option, only the work account option. This doesn't help me! Does anyone have a solution?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

JennyDoc wrote:
I have a new Pearl 9105. When I try to set up my email, it does not give me the "I want to create or add an email address" option, only the work account option. This doesn't help me! Does anyone have a solution?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

To use the proprietary RIM Push email capability, you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), you will then have Personal Email added to the email setup wizard.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8100
My Carrier: Fido

I cant set up any email on my new phone. it says that i have to move the email account from my old phone to this phone, then i would be able to add new email accounts etc. But i cannot move the old account onto this phone, because that account no longer exists. when i try to use it anyway, it tells me to contact hotmail, but i cant do that BECAUSE THAT EMAIL ACCOUNT NO LONGER EXISTS. at least one email account must be moved from the other phone to this phone in order to set up email on this device. what do i do to get my new email accounts onto this new device now?

~Don't be a muggle
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Lauraschutten wrote:

I cant set up any email on my new phone. it says that i have to move the email account from my old phone to this phone, then i would be able to add new email accounts etc. But i cannot move the old account onto this phone, because that account no longer exists. when i try to use it anyway, it tells me to contact hotmail, but i cant do that BECAUSE THAT EMAIL ACCOUNT NO LONGER EXISTS. at least one email account must be moved from the other phone to this phone in order to set up email on this device. what do i do to get my new email accounts onto this new device now?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Given what you describe, I suggest you contact your carrier for assistance. The need to move an email account from one BB to another makes no sense. Now, if you are talking about the BIS account, that's a different matter entirely.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................