Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Email: T-Mobile vs AT&T vs Computer

So, I actually have to use 2 different Bold 9700's.
One is AT&T, the other is T-Mobile.

What I am seeing is that there is that the T-Mobile phone lags in email delivery compared to when it hits my computer, and my AT&T phone.

I have over 25 emails that T-Mobile delivered as much as 5 hours after they hit my AT&T phone and my computer.

I dread calling T-Mobile support, and if I have time this weekend, I am going to create a spreadsheet documenting the timestamps across all three platforms.

Anyone have any insights?

Thanks
tc

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Email: T-Mobile vs AT&T vs Computer

What is the email service you're using?  I have a TMobile phone and get my gmail instantly. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

BIS on both phones

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

No, I mean is it gmail, yahoo, other? If you're using the tmo.blackberry.net addresses then I suggest dumping those and going with a free gmail or yahoo account. They will both deliver instantly to your BB and you will also have web access. I dropped my tmo.blackberry.net addy years ago when it started getting spam after never giving it out anywhere.

The gmail or yahoo is the best solution for BB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Mutiple email providers, my company email, bellsouth.net, gmail.

Guru II

Keep in mind that besides BES mail only the gmail is instant. Most others have up to a 15-20 minute delay.

Contributor

My AT&T email is close to instant from all accounts, worst i have seen is 5-10 minutes max.

Guru II

All BIS email is delayed up to 20 mins. That's why the activation email says you shoulkd receive mail within 20 minutes. If it finds mail it will check again in 5 minutes. If it finds no new mail it will go back to 20 mins. The exceptions are gmail, yahoo, @carrier.blackberry.net and BES email. This is across all carriers.

Contributor

Then AT&T exceeds expectations. T-Mobile disappoints.

Guru II

They use the same system. Exactly which mail is coming in delayed? You may have some other issue going on. One doesn't have a "better" system than the other.