Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Email, Text and Phone call alerts

Hi. I just got my BB Tour and was wondering if there is a way to silence email alerts while keeping text and phone call ring tones active? I've tried adjusting the profile under Message Alerts section but it doesn't work. I've silenced everything but SMS text and Phone but I still get a ring tone whenever I get an email. It's annoying since emails come relatively often.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

New Contributor

Re: Email, Text and Phone call alerts

I have the same problem. I've tried everything --- custom profiles, deleting the accounts and resetting them --- nothing works. It is annoying because I could easily get 50 emails in a day so the phone is constantly buzzing.

I think it is a problem with the tour software, but I don't know how to get Blackberry to do something about it.  I had the 8830 before this and had no problem. I hope someone can figure it out

New Contributor

I hear you. I was hoping to just email BB but we can't seem to be able to do that either. Maybe someone will reply back that knows a solution.
Contributor
My Device: Tour

I was confused by this as well, but it eventually just sorted itself out.

There was probably a reboot involved.

I do remember selecting "None" for the email alerts, and still getting them.  Then, it was fixed.

If you haven't already, try removing the battery and rebooting.  I know, it's the same lame suggestion for everything, but at least I offer hope that it's fixable. Smiley Happy