Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Koodo

Email Update Messes Up Phone

When I try to set up my email account, it prompts me to do an update (Email Setup Application Version 6.11.0419.0755).
I click ‘Yes’ and begin download.
It then asks me ‘Application “Email Setup Application” already exists. Replace version 6.0.0 with version 6.11.0419.0755?” - so I click ‘ Replace’.
It then begins the download.
However it stops, and then an error comes up reading ‘ “com.rim.bis.client” contains a different version of module “net_rim_bis_client,” which is also used by “Email Setup Application.” If you proceed, “Email Setup Application” may cease to function properly. Proceed?” - so I click Yes
It continues to download, and then prompts me with the above error “com.rim.bis.client” contains a different version...” again 3 times.
It then prompts be me reboot. So I do.
It then reboots, but takes about 7-10 mintues to do so (it sits on the startup screen with the progress bar sitting at ‘complete’).
When it finally reboots an error comes up that reads ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException’ - so I click OK
Then another error comes up reading ‘Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(Oxbfca09409ffe99e5) timeout. So I click OK.
Then the first error ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException’ comes up 2 times - click ok both times.
Then error reading ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error comes up. Click OK.
Then the first error ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException’ comes up 2 times - click ok both times.
Then error reading ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error comes up again. Click OK.
Then the first error ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException’ comes up 8 times - click ok 8 times.
THen I get a white screen with all my applications and programs in a list, and a black bar at the top that says ‘BlackBerry Platform 6.6.0.200. If I click on them it just brings up an error. Example: If I click on Address Book the error reads “Error starting net_rim_bb_addressbook_app: Module ‘net_rim_bis_lib’ not found. Hit OK and it goes back to white screen.

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Email Update Messes Up Phone

I have the same problem, assistance appreciated!

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Same thing! Just happened last night. Please help.

New Contributor

My plan is through Koodo so I got in contact with them today (had no luck with Blackberry/RIM as I just kept getting automated responses, saying I have to pay to have this problem resolved).

Their Technology Dept. couldn't figure out the issue either, so it's obviously an issue with Blackberry/RIM.

However, Koodo is sending me a new phone to see if this fixes the issue.

Not sure how old your phone is?

If the new phone doesn't work, then I'll pay the $50 or so to have RIM fix it - then request I get my money back, since the update came from RIM.

Getting SUPER frustrated with Blackberry at this point. Seriously considering switching to an Android or iPhone if the new Blackberry doesn't fix the issue.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, this fixes the phone so it's usable, but it still doesn't fix the Email Setup Update. The phone still wants to do this update and will keep causing the same problem over and over...

Oh, fixed it for me. Sorry.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: tmo

Hi.

I found this solution that worked for me.  Hope it helps you. Good luck.

From:  http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=617172

"i read somewhere that installing multilingual OS solves it.
So i tried this
- connected to the blackberry desktop manager and under applications, i found the language support was unchecked (i had removed all non-English support when i started by blackberry for the first time)
- so i checked it and finished installing the languages
- i then went to email setup and it asked for update and then it prompted "email setup 6.0.xxx.xxx is already installed, do you want to install 6.11.0324.1701" - this gave me the first hint as earlier on it would only say email setup 6.0 is already installed and not 6.0.xxx.xxx (cannot remember the x). I guess in absence of the languages, it goes into some loop
- after this, there were no more overrides like earlier on about replacing some rim modules etc etc..
- the installation completes successfully and email setup works fine!

hope this helps for many frustrated people like me.. RIM is too slow to respond and their support guys dont even understand the problem"

CORRECTION: I didn't do for the email setup application update after reinstalling the OS. I did the following:

"From your browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country of choice, then go to Communicate>Email. Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup. You should be able to integrate your e-mail accounts that way until RIM has fixed the issue."

From: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=615529

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: tmo

Sorry, that did not work for me.