Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: o2

Email address problems!

Hello, I really would appreciate any help with this please! been a real problem!

I recently recieved a new blackberry 9700 bold from carphone warehouse after problems with the screen of my old blackberry phone. Since i recieved my new phone i have had trouble setting up an email address which was on my last phone. The phone has been able to setup other email addresses but when i try and add my student address which uses outlook it doesnt work! It keeps saying that the password and username isnt correct when it certainly is! It worked previously on my last phone, and i wondered if it was anything to do with the fact it was on my last phone? 

I also am having trouble using blackberry internet service with the phone, as it keeps saying its not registered but i have registered the phone many times through advanced options and route table. is this anything that could be a problem in setting up the email address?

There are no other problmes with the phone.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Email address problems!

When you setup the email on your previous phone, did you not have a BIS username & password.

If you were to login using those credentials, you should be able to swap the device PIN to that account (don't have to add the e-mail account again).
Be sure to click the white Kudos star to thank users that helped.
Place the check in Solution? for posts that have solved your issue!