Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Email and Text MSGs

I have the Curve 8900 and I have not figured out how to seperate my regular text messages from my email.  Whenever I receive an email it goes to my messages folder and my email folder.  Does anyone know if there is a way to seperate the two?

Solutions: 6,361
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email and Text MSGs

Messages folder > Menu > Options > General Settings > SMS and Email Inboxes = Separate.

That will move your SMS text messages to a separate folder. 

ALL of your email messages will go to your main messages folder, you can't change that.

Just hide your email-specific folder, it really isn't needed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Email and Text MSGs

just read your last line of message saying to hide email specific folders as they are not needed?

I can only reply to my emails from the email specific folder - I get a little red cross to the left of any message I try to write and send from the messages folder - can you explain the reason for that?

I currently have an issue in that my work emails that used to come into both the messages folder and their 'specific' folder, now just come in to the messages one, and hence I can no longer reply to them??

very frustrated!

thanks for any advice!