Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Email does not push to Blackberry 8300

Hi,

I've done a bit of searching around but my problem has not been satisfied.  Hopefully someone here can help meSmiley Happy  I'm configuring a Blackberry 8300 for mobile email and am having a problem where new email is not pushed to the phone.  The phone sends email fine but it does not get replies to those messages. 

Email on the computer is received using Outlook Express; it is configured to leave a copy of the message on the server until deleted from the Trash, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Email is provided through Network Solutions, operating system is a UNIX variant/derivative, and email server is, I believe, sendmail.  Could it be that the way the mail server is configured is causing the push problems?  If this is the case, short of talking Net. Soln. into changing their setup, is there a way I can get the mail to my phone?  If this isn't the problem, what else can I try?

Thanks!

Gavin@VitalGear

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Email does not push to Blackberry 8300

Although I am not familiar with Net Solutions, you have everything setup correctly on your end it sounds like.

I have seen a lot of difficulties with Hotmail not being pushed or being pushed two hours later.

Let's try this:

Open a dummy gmail account, and see if you can send and receive (it's free) if you can operate it with no problems I think that would eliminate the blackberry config, and isolate it to Net Solutions.

Sound logical?

Let us know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Email does not push to Blackberry 8300

[ Edited ]

my primary account is hotmail, which BB seems to have a problem with, so what i did is i opened a Telus Account

xxxx@Telus.Blackberry.net and registered it to my phone, then went to my hotmail account and set it to Auto-Foward to my Telus account, Problem solved, e-mails get fowarded to my phone within seconds, and better yet, my hotmail on my PC hold a 2nd copy of the e-mail just incase

Message Edited by xaroc on 08-18-2008 11:08 PM