Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9630
Accepted Solution

Email folder icon disappeared!!

Help

I just bough my 9630 about a week ago and have had no prior problems like i have seen on here, however, this morning when i went to check my emails much to my surprise my icon was completely gone.  I checked to see if I accidentally hid the icon, Nope.  I checked to see if it was moved to another folder, Nope.  I still receive all my email and i can check it and reply from my message icon.  Has this happened to anyone else, does anyone know what to? Thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email folder icon disappeared!!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

So, you still have your main Messages icon but your specific email icon (me@you.com) is what is gone, correct? Or was that specific icon for your work email -- called "Desktop" perhaps? If you are on BES and they had separated BES emails to an icon of their own (by default, it's called "Desktop"), then they may have shut that off, which would have reverted you to only having your BES emails in your Messages icon.

Otherwise, if this was a BIS account, your Service Books may have become corrupted...try resending those:

KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Let us know how it goes!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9630

Thanks

I resent the service books and used Quickpull and it seemed to reappear, very strange but its back so im content. 

On a side note - for some reason my LED indicator will not flash when i have a new message even though i have it set to in my message alerts, any suggestions? Thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Yay! Another solved item! Whew...sometime I wonder if things can be solved! You are most welcome!

For the LED -- I'm not really sure, but something in my brain says it's been posted here before. You might try some searching to see if anyone else has had it happen. If you find nothing, then open a new thread (since this one is solved) with that inquiry.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................