Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Email icon will not show up

I added an email account to my phone weeks ago, and the little icon showed up right away and I was receiving messages.

Randomly, today, the icon disappeared from my home screen (although the email will still come through to my Messages folder).  I tried everything- turning the phone off, then back on, deleting the account and setting it up again, and nothing.  

Does anyone know why this would happen? 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Email icon will not show up

Try pulling the battery and see if that helps.  While the phone is powered on, open the back of the phone, grab the battery, pull it out, leave it out for 15-30 seconds, put it back in, put the cover back on and let the phone reboot.  It'll take a couple of minutes to reboot.  (The key is to keep the phone on before the reset - if you turn the phone off first, it won't work right).  See if the icon appears after that and let us know.

Don't worry, this hard reset will not effect your phone in any way and you won't loose any data as a result.

Hope this helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Thanks, Krypto.  I tried that twice, and unfortunately it still has not worked.  So weird!  Any other suggestions??
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

I do have a couple of other suggestions:

1. It might have been hidden or moved to a different folder accidentally.  The absolute easiest way to fix this is to Options > Theme, press the BB Menu button and Select Reset Theme Defaults.  This will take any icons that were accidentally hidden and re-expose them (and move any icons back to their original position).  Note that you will have to move any icons that you want moved again.  Try doing a battery pull after this as well.  This might bring it back.  If not, proceed to the next step.
  2. Re-register your device on the BlackBerry network and resend your service books.  To re-register your device, go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.  Press the BB Menu button and click Register Now.  You will get a new message from the BlackBerry network.  If you can access your BIS site, log on either via your phone (go through Setup > Email Settings) or via your computer (Google your carrier + BIS as the keywords if you don't know the site).  Once you've logged in, on your Storm, press the BB Menu button and select Send Service Books.  On a computer, select Service Books from the left hand menu and resend them through there.  If you don't know your login information, you can call your carrier's technical support and ask them to send the service books for you.  This just takes a minute.  Again, follow it up with a battery pull.

Hopefully one of these two suggestions will work!  Keep us posted! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Krypto on 02-13-2009 11:55 PM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Number 1 worked... thanks soooo much!!!