Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

Email is all on phone and not on server anymore

When i opened my email account on my pc all of my inbox was gone.  Now it is on my new blackberry 9800.  How can i put all my emails back on my server?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Email is all on phone and not on server anymore

What email provider are you using?  Are you using Outlook or other application on the PC or are you accesssing the web mailbox directly?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

My email set set up thru my godaddy account for my business and website

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Unless something has changed in OS 6 that I'm not aware of, there is nothing that removes all email from the server when it's pushed to the BlackBerry device.  Until you delete from both the handheld and mailbox from the device, it should be in both places. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

i opened my inbox on my pc and all my inbox was gone.  My inbox only goes back to august 6 on my phone.  i have 700+messages gone.

Guru II

We can't help you unless you provide the info requested.  Are you using Outlook or other 3rd party application to retrieve your mail on the PC or are you accessing the web mailbox directly using your browser?  Can you provide us with more details please?

Are you deleting the mail from your BB?  If so, that will delete it from the web mailbox in most cases. 

New Contributor

i believe it would be a 3rd party application. thru my webmail that i pay for thru godaddy.com.  I open sign into my email by going to webmail.mywebsite.com then i sign in.  mywebsite isn't actually the name of it but it is any example.  my email on the blackberry is set up under the messages where i do not use the browser to retrieve.  i have not deleted anything.  last night i was on the pc and my email was fine. i don't know if i hit something on the touch screen to cause this or what?

Guru II

Ok, you're not using a 3rd party application to access mail.  It sounds like you are accessing it directly through the web mailbox when you log in using your web browser.

When an email hits your mailbox it is "pushed" to your BB device.  A copy is left on the server and should not be deleted until you delete the mail from your handheld.  You can specify in options for messages whether you want to delete from handheld, mailbox and handheld, or prompt (prompt meaning it will ask you every time you delete an email from the device.) 

As I said above, unless something changed in OS 6, the BB system always leaves the message on the server unless you manually delete it. 

I don't think your BB is the cause of your missing messages from the server. 

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I have Godaddy provide my email also, through my company domain, similar to your own.

I don't know of anything that would delete all your email on the webmail server at Godaddy. When your email pushes to the BlackBerry, it doesn't actually "download" the email, it just pushes a copy of the email to your BlackBerry device.

Now, on the BlackBerry, there are options to set the deletion of emails on the device to also delete the email from your mailbox at the same time.

Is there anything else you can tell us about your email setup?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

OK the last email i got showed up in the inbox on pc but not on blackberry.  That was the email to confirm registration to this website.  This is definatly worrying me due to the documentation i had in my inbox that has to do with current projects i have open.  I understand it should push a copy to the blackberry, but i am not understanding where my entire inbox went on my pc but it is still on my blackberry.  all of my sent files on my pc are still there.