Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

Email issues

Hi

I have just purchased a new Bold 9780, previoulsy had the curve. I used the desktop sofware to transfer over setiing from the curve to the bold which it has but my email doesn't work, the icon is there with my email address showing and i can send it from my handset but ot desn't arrive, inmy PC outlook i get a message  RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2. I have tried wiping and trying again but still not good nor does a live re boot work. I have noticed there is no reconcile on it either and when i go to the reconcilde settings its just a blank screen.  I have now gone back to my curve and email is working fine again, so its just when i try to set up on new bold

Can anyone help?, is its a dodgy handset or software issues and who can help me. FYI i'm on vodafone UK

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,377
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email issues

Two things, on the 9780,  put the active SIM card back in, and stop switching it.

Go to Options > Device > BlackBerryID and login your BlackBerryID there.

Also, call your mobile provider and make sure they have the new device registered on their network. They will likely need the IMEI and PIN of the device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code