Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: o2

Email issues

I have a curve 9320 and use outlook as my email provider but things are going wrong. My phone will not show me anything that is sent from my PC and if emails are deleted from the laptop they don't on the phone.

I would have though that when I sign in to the email account form any device it would show the same info. The reconcile option does NOTHING and I have spoken to Carphone Wharehouse, where the phones from, and all they want to do is try and stitch me up to some boffin phone line, I have spoken to the O2 gurus, HA, and all they did was tell me to reset the handset which did bugger all except hide some of the icons which they struggled to help me refind.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on? I expect push email and so called synch to do as it says and not leave me unable to view sent form PC emails on the phone.

Plus am I the only person who can't get the ridiculous Blackberry Desktop thing to actually work....? It tells me that I can't synch media because I am not using a SD Card, I am using one, it tells me there are no images on the phone, there are and it constantly reconnects...what is the point of it?

I thank you and would love some help, I only took on the phone as I hate touch screen and Google.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Email issues

The syncronization depends on the email provider you're using and the protocol they use. If you're using a pop account then sent mail will not sync. What is your email provider?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: o2

Hi,

It's outlook.com

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

OK, there is pretty good sync between Outlook.com and the BlackBerry. However, I think the sync issue lies in your laptop setup. What are you using on your laptop for an email client? Are you using MS Outlook or going direct to the Outlook.com webmail site?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Hey there,

I'm a quite new BlackBerry-user and have some similar problems as mentioned above:

I have an outlook.com email adress and use it with the browser-Interface and with Thunderbird without any problems. Everything is snyched. But when I send an email with Thunderbird or with the browser it will not appear on my BlackBerry. The other way round it works (send an email with the BB it will appear in Thunderbird and on outlook.com)

I checked the "folder redirection", but there doesn't appear a "sent-items-folder" at all. I also deleted the adress on my BB and installed it new.

With Thunderbird I use an imap-Server.

I would be very thankful, if anyone gives me a hint, what I can do.

Guru II

When you send the email with TBird or the browser does it put the sent message into the sent mail folder in Outlook.com?

New Contributor

Yes then it apears in the sent-folder without a problem.

Guru II

Then just make sure sent messages are being shown in the Hub Settings and that the sent messages folder is being sync'd to the device in the email account settings.

New Contributor

"Hide Sent Messages" is off. And in the email account settings I can only tick "Contacts" and "Deleted items" but no "sent items folder". And by the way the folder with the deleted mails also does not appear on the bb, but in outlook.com and in thunderbird.
But thanks for your help so far.
Guru II

It sounds like the outlook.com account is not properly integrated on the device.

Remove the account. Give it a few minutes to fully remove everything. Then re-add it by going to Settings >Accounts >Add Account >Advanced. Choose Outlook.com and enter the information below:

Use whatever you want for the Description. Leave Domain blank. Enter full email address for username and for the email field. Enter your password and other sync settings as desired. Use m.hotmail.com for the server address.