Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email password stopped working on BB only?

mattys wrote:

and I am not sure how long I am supposed to wait.  MSN says they don't know what is up and I don't even know how to get an official answer from Blackberry. 

I can't tell you either, but it's a MSN/Hotmail/LiveMail issue, not a RIM server problem, as ONLY those email accounts are affected, and all others (gmail, yahoo, pop and IMAP servers) are validating fine.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

All, please try it again now.

By the way, my guy feeling is this is/was a MSN/Hotmail/Livemail server issue, as only those accounts were affected. Others such as Yahoo, gmail, etc., were not.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour

I was finally able to add my hotmail account back to my BB today around 5:30 pm EST.   It wasn't working over 24 hours.  Glad to have it back up.  Thank you all!

You're welcome... and I can't take credit for fixing it!  Smiley Wink

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Curve 8330

Changed road runner password and now BB is asking me to update password

I recently changed my ROad RUnner/Bright House email password and received the Action Required - update the password for xxx@xxx.rr in the Black Berry Internet Service.  I tried the following

1) Using the browser on a computer to visit the BB Internet Service website.  After I entered my BB pin and ESN number it said I was not eligible.

2) The suggested alternative mentioned in the email is click the email setup application on your BB>  I don't have any icon that says that.  Under options icon I have Set up wizard I have EMIAL Setup but the only options are I want to use a work email account with a BB Enterprise Server and I want to skip email setup ..

UGH!

I have read thru a lot of the prior answers and can't figure this out.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having the same issue with my aol webmail email account.  I have 3 different email accounts on my Tour.  Blackberry.vzw.net, yahoo.com and the aol account.  I have yet to re-validate my yahoo account and within the past 10 months I have re-validated the aol account at least 5 times.  Most recently was about 3 weeks ago, until today.  I received the email from blackberry on the aol account saying that it needed to validate the password.  I tried to validate it with the response that either the user id or password were incorrect and to please contact aol.  Deleted it, tried to set up again without luck.  Logged into aol account on home computer without issue.  Yes, I'm using the same info on both.  Yes, I'm sure.  Changed password, tried setting up again with new password, still no luck.

Pulled battery, there is no service book for this account on Tour since I deleted it, so can't re-send it. 

Any advice?

My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: sprint

Yeah... I'm having the same problem, too!!    Hope someone out there can help us here!!!   

My Device: Not Specified

Hi. I"m having this problem too. IF you can find a solve please post, I beg you

Visitor
My Device: Tour 8630
My Carrier: Us Cellular

I am having this problem as well and have reset my password, also deleted AOL on my phone and then reinstalled it.  Didn't work.

I did go through a live chat with AOL and they say THEY are having issues and working on it and it's nothing about our phones or anything we are doing.  Just to check every now and then to see if they have it resolved.  Sucks!!