Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

Email problems

Hi. My problem started with emails sticking and not being able to be deleted. So followed directions and deleted service books. After that I am unable to re-add my email address. I have gone into the email setup function. I get a screen for existing users. I have tried putting the email address that I want with the passwords. I get a reply stating it needs to be longer then 4 letters etc. if I try a typical user name I have it states I have a password. I have requested that it be sent to me. Nothing comes. I have tried using the pin on the phone with the same error message. I went to the biz site and had my password reset and sent to my email address. I have tried that password, but it doesn't work. So my question to you is what should I try now? My carrier has no idea.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Email problems

Many issues related to email setup have been resolved by going to www.blackberry.com/integrate from your phone's browser.  Since you've already been to Telus's BIS site, this might or might not work, but why not give it a try nonetheless?

If that gets you nowhere, have Telus reset your BIS (not your email password but rather your BlackBerry Internet Service).

Keep us posted on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.