09-20-2008 07:54 PM
i will be receiving my 8330 curve from Verizon Wireless in a few days.
My question is this -- i am using this for my personal email. no enterprise/work stuff. Do I still have to keep my computer on at home in order to receive the emails on the blackberry?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-20-2008 08:00 PM
09-20-2008 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forums.
No, your PC does not need to be on. If you install Desktop Manager on your PC, do NOT select the 'Desktop Redirector' option (or the Enterprise option). The Redirector option causes more problems than I have counted.
You should create a BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) account following these steps: http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/How_to_add_/_de
Then you're email will get delivered to your BB anywhere you have coverage.
09-21-2008 12:30 AM
- Go to Email Settings icon on your device
- Login using the user name and password (if already set by you)
- Under Services click on Email Account
- Click on Add An Email Account to integrate any POP or IMAP enable email (i.e... gamil, hotmail, ISP mail etc)
- To create BlackBerry.net ID click on Create A BlackBerry Email Address
- Type your preferred User Name and enter your Password for that ID
After every successful email integration you'll receive an confirmation email from Activation Server. That's it!! You're done with BIS email ID integration.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit