Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Email set up - missing an option

I've just got a new Curve 8320 and I am missing the option to add an email account in the set up wizard.  The only options I have are for enterprise or skip email setup.  Does anyone know why or how I can overcome this?

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Email set up - missing an option

Look for Email Settings icon to configure your mail IDs in BlackBerry. Setup Wiserd is used to configure mails of corporate domain.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Thanks, but I can't find email settings icon either!  Can you help?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

What theme are you using and what is your carrier?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

This happened to me, too.  I called my carrier on a landline & they helped resolve the problem.  There wasn't anything I could've done on my own.  Hope this helps.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

If the Email Settings icon is missing that call your carrier to now whether they've provisioned your BIS in your number. Alternatively you can try by re-registering from Host Routing Table. To do so go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

It is usually a service book issue and the carrier has to send the service book to your phone - give them a shout (not on your BB), use a landline and they should be able to fix it.
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

helenkerrick wrote:

I've just got a new Curve 8320 and I am missing the option to add an email account in the set up wizard.  The only options I have are for enterprise or skip email setup.  Does anyone know why or how I can overcome this?

The email settings and the browser icon are pushed from the BIS server to your device desktop.  Follow the instructions from Tanzim.  If this does not work, run a diagnostics test, sometimes this will speed up the process. 

Go to:

Options > Mobile Network > Menu Key (left of trackball) > Diagnostics Test > Menu Key > Run. 

When this is complete, close each window and see if the icons have populated.  There can be a delay of several hours to get a response from the BIS server depending on traffic.  I've seen it where it has taken up to 6 hours.

Let us know if your problem has been fixed.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.

I have the same problem.  I get conflicting stories from the reps at Tmobile.  I do not pay for the email or tmobile internet, but I was told when I purchased the phone that I would have email IF AND WHEN I was connected to wifi.  I have INTERNET at that time, but not email.  Have to go to the specific provider to get the email when the internet is working.  Also was told I could hop on hotspots, but now realize they are not free.  Gave me tons of wrong information. Is this all true?
New Contributor

If you have nextel go here and sing up and then do add email and then you get the icon on phone http://www.nextel.blackberry.com/